BE@T project’s main ambition is to develop a new generation of added value products from biological resources instead of using fossil raw materials, while keeping the need for the production of high-quality products and the gateway to new markets opportunities.
BE@T is expected to explore new raw materials, techniques, technologies and equipments for producing or processing new bio-based textile structures. As such, BE@T will foster the matching of both market and legal demands related with environment and planet conservation.
Organised in 4 pillars, Biomaterials, Circularity, Sustainability and Society; the BE@T project main objectives are:
- To develop new traceable textile products and materials, from biological origin, renewable (including forest, agro-industrial residues and alternative natural fibers) and with better environmental credential;
- To explore innovative eco-design and eco-engineering approaches to ensure circularity of all textile products generated in project;
- To promote the use/reuse, collection and recycling of textiles, new business models and partnerships, as well as effective regional policies, to implement circular, sustainable and cost-effective value chains;
- To contribute to a culture of sustainability and responsible consumption, informing and involving consumers, textile chain agents, brands and other stakeholders.
- To contribute to the generation and consolidation of an innovative, sustainable and circular Textile and Clothing Industry;
For BE@T, Magellan is in charge of the Communication and Dissemination management.